Saturday, May 15, 2004

Well, today was an interesting day. No yard work since it decided to rain 95% of the day. I was about 20 minutes from heading out to do a ton of shopping that we need to get done when the phone rang. Terri was mouthing to me that I needed to get ready quick and I figured that meant we got roped into spending time with her relatives. Some of them are in town this weekend for her cousin's graduation. Turns out Robyn's grandmother had had a stroke and they needed us to watch Jacob while they went to the hospital. We quickly got ready and headed out the door. We got most of the scoop over a cell phone call on the way up and found out that the family had tickets to see Dora the Explorer Live this evening and we were supposed to take Jacob. Thankfully, it turned out that Robyn's grandmother didn't have a stroke, but a blood condition that mimicked a stroke and with treatment, she'll be fine. So, not only is that good news, but they were back in time to take Jacob themselves, which made us all happy.
No news on the baby front yet, but Terri keeps hoping.
This came damn close to making me fall out of my chair laughing. If you want to be fit, stop eating the slop they're serving.
Lemieux was once again named to the Canada World Cup team. It may be the only chance I get to watch him skate as there has been no new news on the CBA front. I also can't believe that Philadelphia managed to pull even in the series again. Although if the current trend keeps up, I can watch Tampa Bay win game seven. This took me by surprise. He's not exactly one of my favorite players. I figured the least I could have done would be to egg his hospital window or something.
Hopefully the weather will be nice after church tomorrow and I'll be able to finish up the hillside. I doubt I'll make it to cutting the grass again, but you can't see to much of that from the road.

No comments: