Monday, May 03, 2004

Even if I just get on to say hello and goodbye I want to attempt a post of some sort every day. Why, you may ask? Well I recently had an interview for a writing position. It's been so long since I've had one of those I had to comb back through my portfolio and update it with new work, but more importantly go back and review old work. One of my old pieces was an interview with Robert Olen Butler when he was promoting Tabloid Dreams. One of the things that he said in that interview was that a writer has to write every day. If you aren't prepared to write every day then you shouldn't be a writer. This is something that kind of struck a nerve with me since I do purport myself to be somewhat of a writer. So, even though this is certainly not what Mr. Butler had in mind, it's a small start for me and for now I'll have to be happy with that.
Saturday May 22nd on QVC...Cure by the Shore is a huge sale on sunglasses with all net proceeds going to MS research. For those of you that don't know, this is a cause that is very near to me. My cousin Kathy passed away in December from MS related complications, Robyn is also affected with the disease as is Brian's mom. Terri and I walk in the MS walk every year (although this year Terri had to cut the walk a little shorter) Apparently 8 months of baby and 5 miles don't mix.
That's about all for this evening. One more blog to go and I'll be all caught up.

No comments: