Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Another day ticks off the calendar and another 400 hundred questions all directed towards the same topic. No, no baby yet. The due date has now come and gone. People are dropping from the pool like crazy. And still he refuses to show. Just like his dad.
We had another Doctor's appt today and the doctor, upon examination, said that there was no change. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zip. Zero. No progress. So, now we wait another week til Tuesday and if nothing has happened yet then we have a day full of tests. (I say we, like I have something to do with it. I really mean Terri.) So, we decided to get out of the house for a little while.
Anyway, headed out to the Best Buy today and picked up Miracle and the last episode of Friends. I know I'm a consumer moron, but I did like the show. Then we went with Mitch to the Improv for open mic night. Now, you know that amateur comedians are hit or miss, mostly miss. However, two local DJ's and one local columnist were working out material for a charity event. Keep working. Keep working. Jim Krenn and Val Porter both from DVE were mildly amusing. Then the columnist was none other than this jackass. I don't know what it is about him that irks me so much. I won't spend more than 5 seconds at a time in passing thought so I've never really figured it out. I don't like his column. I don't enjoy his writing. I can't stand his little mini-rants on Fox Sports Tonight...my channel changer and mute button don't work fast enough at that point. And, his stand up wasn't even mildly amusing. He tried to play on the fact that advertising and the like aren't masters of the English language. Duh! Advertising panders to the general populous and they aren't masters of the English language. And, his weak attempt to belitte the Ford truck commercial doesn't even come close to the real live person who sat two seats away from me in a Principles of Management class and said, "Internship don't pay child support." When your example is that strong, you don't need to go any further. The six actual open mic night contestants were a wide mix. The first three were pretty funny, the last three not so much. Oh well, it was a mild distraction for Terri and these days that's pretty important. Now, we both have to head back to our respective offices tomorrow and endure another round of..."You're still here?"

No comments: