Tuesday, February 01, 2005

February already. Time to watch the groundhog tell me that I'm in for more winter and what should be time for hockey and heading down the stretch. Stupid lockout. Although there are new rumors that possibly, just maybe, the season might end up salvaged. The owners apparently have a little proposal with a minimum payroll and a maximum payroll for a team. I've also heard rumors about a 24 game season where everyone makes the playoffs and we start off with best of 3 and best of 5 games til it's down to the normal number of 16 teams. I think that might be interesting.
I saw something that just made me laugh out loud on my way into work this morning. A car in the other lane on the way into the tunnel had the license plate 007 BOND. I really wanted to get up beside it to see who it was. I mean it could only be one of 3 people. It had to be Sean Connery, Roger Moore, or Pierce Brosnan. Seriously, even Lazenby and Dalton don't even attempt it. You have to be ready for one hell of a life of teasing and torture to have a license plate like that. Or be mentally deficient, at which point you shouldn't have a license to operate a car with a license plate. At least it wasn't a totally crappy car. It looked fairly new, it was shiny and black and although it wasn't of Bond caliber it was a higher end car. Still, I'm pretty sure that even when he was alive Ian Fleming didn't even want a plate like that. Oh well, some people just don't stop and think about the type of attention that they'll draw to themselves.

No comments: