Monday, February 14, 2005

Just a quick post today. I know that Valentine's Day doesn't fall too highly on anyone's list that I know. It's a very commercial holiday, but so is every holiday. Perhaps I'll just start celebrating Canadian holidays. At least they aren't over done in the United States.
Terri and Gage slipped a little Valentine into my lunch with a picture of Gage holding a sign that says, "I love you Daddy!" so that was a nice pick me up to a dreary rainy Monday. Reminds me of a nice Barry Manilow song. "Got your picture in my wallet. Got some pictures in my mind. Pocket full of memories I never thought I'd find. But it's raining like a Monday, and the world is so unkind. Lay me down and roll me out to sea." Ah, that's also a nice pick me up.
One day I may pick up enough toys to do a lyrics quiz.
I just finished watching the AHL game. Planet USA won the shoot-out since the game ended tied 4-4. Planet USA also won the skills competition. It was so good to watch people that actually still care about the game.
This past weekend was pretty uneventful. Dinner Friday was good and Gage and Katie kept everyone entertained. Of course, they were going in two different directions, but one day Gage will catch on.
We spent most of Saturday hanging out with my parents and then ended up having dinner with Terri's family. As though that wasn't bad enough to end the day, we ended up eating at the brand new King's in our old hometown. It had been open for a whopping 6 days. They had no idea what they were doing. It took almost 1/2 hour to get seated and then another 45 minutes to get our food. And, as we were leaving we ended up running into a bunch of people who have never actually left that town. Happy Happy Joy Joy.
Sunday during the afternoon I watched the qualifying for the Daytona 500. I can't believe it's only 6 days til the official kick-off to the Nascar Races. That's so much better news than the potential announcement Wednesday at 1:00 P.M.

No comments: