Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Today was the 2nd annual Groundhog Day chili cook-off. Now, granted I wasn't there for the first annual cook-off, but this one was pretty impressive. There were 12 crock-pots full of chili. It took close to 45 minutes just to try them all to judge. One thing that really shocked me is not only the amount of food, but the fact that all the food arrived between 9:00 and 9:30, but nothing was eaten til almost 1:00. Nobody cut a corner off my cake. Nobody opened a bag of tortilla chips. Nobody dipped into a spoonful of chili. Based on my last office this phenomenon was absolutely mind boggling. On or near Valentine's day 2004 when I was still at the University, they wanted me to make a cake. And, it had to be a red velvet cake with white icing and red decorations. (I know, they weren't asking much). Anyway, I made the cake and I arrived at the office at about 8:25. By 8:45 there was a corner of the cake missing. By noon when we were supposed to eat the food that was brought in, there wasn't enough left of the sheet cake to fit onto a regular paper plate. So you can see why I was a little puzzled by the new office's behavior. I really didn't know how to react. And, there were leftovers. Crazy.
Anyway, not much else was going on today. I was hoping to have a nice lazy afternoon and just let the chili digest, but of course several clients just had to have things fixed right away. Just once I'd like to have a client start off we, "Boy we really screwed the pooch on this one, but we're all praying that you guys can fix it so we don't look so stupid." That would make my day.
Susiezy was over this evening to babysit Gage til I got home from work. Gage was pretty well behaved so she didn't have any complaints when I got home. That means we might even be able to talk her into coming back one day. Only another 3 full days til the Superbowl. Terrell Owens announced that he was going to play. I can't tell you how happy I was. I think my life will actually be complete now. I was so moved I almost wept. I mean, a star athlete making more money than I'll ever see, actually doing his job. Wow, what heart.

No comments: