Monday, February 28, 2005

All the other press seemed to be about this topic, why not me?
I didn't think that anyone could be any worse as commentators from the red carpet than Melissa and Joan Rivers. I was wrong.
Everytime they said, "And now we go to Kathy in the tower." All I could think of was "JUMP! (and if possible, land on Star)"
This year I had no real pull towards any movies. I was glad to see Morgan Freeman win, although it would have been nice to see Alan Alda take some hardware home to match his emmys.
I was only looking for two things to happen. And they both did. Jamie Foxx took home the Best Actor Oscar which meant that number one happened. No, I didn't really root for Jamie, I was rooting against Leo. Clint took home the Best Director Oscar which meant that number two happened. Again, I wasn't rooting for Clint per se, more against Marty.
I'm listening to the news talk about the "snowfall". According to the news this morning's rush hour was supposed to be the first effects of the snow that started at midnight. At midnight, there was no precipitation whatsoever. In the morning, it was sort of raining sort of snowing. It flurried all day long. For the evening rush hour, Pittsburgh was supposed to have 6-8" blanketing the area. There wasn't even 6-8 flakes on the road. Now they're still talking about this major snow system and we'll end up with 3-6" total. Hell, we were supposed to get that yesterday. Looking out my window, it's not even snowing here anymore. I think that the local newspeople need LifeAlert. One of them has fallen on the panic button and they can't seem to get up.

No comments: