Thursday, February 10, 2005

You know you've upgraded job-wise when you're holding a conversation and you use the words; database, powerpoint, and dreamweaver and the person you are talking to actually comprehends. It's such a nice feeling. To quote Porthos, "God, I love my work."
Anyway, I took a few minutes this morning and went through Tom's lyric quiz. It was the first time that I had stumbled across one of those first. 7 out of 25 isn't too bad on the first run through. I'm sure I know a couple others, but sometimes it's difficult to get the whole tune in your head at work.
In talking with Adam at the Superbowl party, I found out that there is a device (rather inexpensive in the grand scheme of things) that will allow you to hook up any auxiliary device to your computer in order to rip multi-media into MP3's. Which means that all my 8-tracks, vinyl albums, cassingles, and cassettes could be transferred to CD's. Or an i-pod.
Of course, that will mean upgrading to a better, much nicer computer. Then I could edit video of Gage, work on the digital pictures of Gage, house my music collection (hopefully this time without losing it), and just have a better computer. Of course, that falls in line behind the whole house issue, which falls behind the bills, etc. What a nice spiral.
Anyway, I'll drop two wishes with one mention. Happy Birthday to Alison (yesterday) and Joe (tomorrow). Wow, they're getting old.

No comments: