Friday, December 03, 2004

Wow, two posts in the same week. Must be some sort of record. I'm supposed to be pulling graphics for a project that I'm working on. There are over one hundred phrases on the papers that I have in front of me. Unfortunately, these aren't easily matched to graphics. "The pharmacist needs to speak with you about your prescription." Every stock photo site has tons of occurences when you type that phrase into the find box. Thankfully, the designer and I came up with a way to shortcut the project and recycle quite a few things from previous endeavors. It still doesn't change the fact that I have to copy and log over a hundred images, but I'm putting that off for the moment to type this.
Not a whole lot of new things going on in my world today. Although last night we did discover that my son has his first tooth. We kept waiting for all the crying and screaming that we were told to expect, but to be honest, we're not even sure when the tooth broke through. He didn't cry about it. And if Terri hadn't been looking down when he was sitting on her lap babbling and talking, we still might not know about it.
It's things like that incident that make me re-think the whole even numbered kids thing. (Yes, I said that we had to have kids in even numbers. We both want 2, but if something happens and we get a third, we'll have to have 4. That way they have the potential to pair off evenly in their sibling wars...I know, you can have 3 on 1, but 2 on 2 is more likely and it would always be 2 against 1 with 3 kids) Anyway, that's just more of my own particular ocd leaking out. What I was actually going for at the start of this rambling is that Gage is so close to a perfect child with his even temperment and compliance with our needs and wants as parents that I'm positive lightning won't strike twice. The second child will end up being Satan's minion and shattering any kind of peace we might be able to experience.
One thing that's keeping me sane during this lockout season (79 days and counting) is the fact that Fox Sports Pittsburgh is showing classic Pens games every Wednesday night. What I learned, through having a satellite dish and Fox Sports channels from all over the country, is that Pittsburgh seems to be the only city that chops the game up and edits it down to a 2 hour length. Everyone else seems to be showing the games in their entirety. I was so desperate for hockey one night, I watched a Florida Panthers/Pittsburgh Penguins game from the mid-90's. What's wrong with that, you ask? I watched it on Fox Sports Miami so obviously the Pens didn't win. But, I still got to watch them play.
I've also watched a lot of the movie Miracle (as it's currently being shown several movie channels). That is the mark of a great sporting event. I know the outcome for every game, but I still watch with interest. Oh well, I should get back to work I guess because once work is over, I get to rush and change clothes in time to make it to Terri's holiday party, which is always a formal event. At least there will be some alcohol there (they limit the number of drinks that they pay for). So, it won't be all bad.

No comments: