Wednesday, December 01, 2004

There are a lot of things swirling around in my empty head that should probably come out through one form of writing or another real soon. I'm not even sure where to begin this post.
I will say that I'm sad to see Ken go. It was an undeserving loss. He says that the law of averages finally caught up with him, and maybe so. However, the woman that beat him...Nancy Zerg...(remember that name, it'll be a question in various trivia forms for a long time to come) most likely won't win a second game. She was the recipient of a champion beating himself. She only dealt the final blow by getting the final jeopardy question correct. I know, she played the game the way most people play the game; she answered the questions that she knew and didn't attempt anything that was out of her knowledge base. Playing that way, you really do need more luck than skill.
I'm just going to drop that rambling incoherency. I'll just leave it with the fact that it won't be quite as much fun anymore to watch Jeopardy.
The new job is going well. I got my first paycheck yesterday. It made any nagging doubts vanish in a puff of dollar signs. Sure, it probably makes me a whore, but damn I'm a well paid whore.
Ironically enough, a couple of people from my old office sent me the job posting for my old supervisor's position whom they ousted slightly after I left. So, upper management finally got their wish. They started out with two mostly inept supervisors and managed to hound them both til they left. Although the popular opinion, smart money, sure bet, or whatever cliche you like says that they were given the choice...Resign or be fired. They asked if I was going to apply for the position. Not even a glimmer of a thought of that has crossed my mind. I liked the people, but hated the politics. And, since it's unlikely that I'd be able to go in and clean house to clear out the dead wood, what's the point? I'm happy where I am and here I'll stay. For a little while anyway.
Not much else is going on. Somehow I ended up with 3 holiday partys this year. And, the three combined are only going to cost me $10.00. Bonus.
Okay, I guess that's enough for today. With the holidays fast approaching, I should be spending some free time trying to figure out what I'm going to buy for people and more importantly when I'm going to find the time to go pick it out.

No comments: