Friday, December 10, 2004

I was driving into work this morning and a mini-van pulled into the lane right behind me. Not a big deal, he wasn't honking or swearing, but as we neared my office, he pulled into the passing lane and started to pull ahead of me. That's when I noticed that the Chevy Venture Mini-Van was...are you ready?...a hearse! Yes, a hearse. The car that carries the dead people to their final resting place. I swear, if I'm goin' out, I'm not goin' out in a mini-van for Christ's sakes. I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually ridden in one and I'd like to keep it that way.
Anyway, I guess I struck a nerve of the children of my generation. Amazing how a song from a TV show adheres itself to your brain, but you can't remember the 17 rules for inserting a comma into a sentence. I'm fairly certain that someday soon, there will be in-utero television with, obviously, surround sound. Gage loves to sit and watch television. I don't know if it's the moving picture, the color...he'll strain his neck to see it from wherever he's at. It's certainly curbed our own television viewing. I don't need his brain leaking out through his ears before he's old enough to talk.
Oh well, time to get back to work so I can leave work and go to my old office's Christmas party. This one should be interesting. I left the office a month ago. Since that time, they've replaced me by hiring one of the temps, but didn't replace the temp. So, they are still a person down in the office and don't understand why they are getting behind. And, they had a supervisor "resign" or whatever terminology they are using for it. So, it's going to be all kinds of fun tonight.

No comments: