Wednesday, December 29, 2004

One thing that I forgot to mention from the Christmas holiday with my family is the lesson. When my Grandmother was put into assisted living and we were told that she was never going to be able to live on her own again, my mother and uncle made the decision to sell the house. They went in and got their stuff, and my brother and I were able to take anything that we wanted. The rest was sold at an estate auction and the house was sold. My uncle Bob had pretty much the same situation with his mother. He and his brother went into the house and took what they wanted, sold the rest and sold the house. One of the things that my uncle Bob ended up with was an upright piano that his father had restored once. So, Bob was all interested in restoring it again. He had already started restoring it before Christmas and had it put back together when we got there. However, after my parents and grandmother had left, I expressed an interest in both the restoration and actually owning a piano. That turned out to be the best Christmas present that we could have ever gotten Bob. His eyes lit up and he proceeded (with a little help from me) to dismantle the upright piano. I learned more about pianos on Christmas day than I think I'll ever need to know in my lifetime. However, I guess for his next project he was looking to buy an older piano, possibly a grand piano and restore it, but he didn't know what he'd do with two pianos. Now, his mission is to buy the piano, restore it, and give it to Gage. I sure hope Gage is interested in music.
Not much else is going on. I completed phase two of the tetris moving last night. All that's left is to move the stuff out of the library back into the guest room and we should have everything ready for any exercise that we might complete.
The new year is already filling with stuff we have plans for or would like to do and we haven't even hit January yet. Hopefully at some point our schedules will slow down, otherwise we'll have to self-impose some sort of exile just to catch our collective breath.
I've started watching what little coverage they have of the world junior hockey games. I've seen the two U.S. games that they broadcast. Not bad, it's a shame that Montoya is going to the Rangers. He's playing like I expected Fleury to play when he arrived in town. Fleury disappointed, Montoya doesn't.
I guess that's enough for today. Oh, and I'll wish a quick Happy Anniversary to Terri. Today marks 12 years and 3 months.

No comments: