Wednesday, March 29, 2006

So my evening plans were derailed in the afternoon when my project manager turns around and says, "Pick up (big big boss's name removed) on my line." Ok, it turns into one of those games that I play in my head when I used to get called to the office in high school. 1.) Did I do something wrong? 2.) If I did something wrong, can they know about it? 3.) If it's possible that they might have found out, can I talk my way out of it? 4.) Did I perhaps do something right? etc...
So, I pickup the phone and I hear, "They tell me you like hockey." Sigh of relief. "Yes, I love hockey." "Do you have plans for tonight?" "Absolutely not." So, I got incredibly sweet seats at center ice. Ok, yes they lost the game, but I saw John LeClair score a goal to become only the 7th US born player ever to score 400 goals. And, Jay Caufield was sitting 5 rows in front of us. So, all in all it was a good night. And, now the knowledge that I like hockey is now firmly entrenched on the admin side of the office.
I also have a lot of housecleaning to do, links to post, etc. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. So, expect one of those multi-link posts in the near future.

No comments: