Thursday, March 23, 2006

I got to spend all day, or at least 75% of the day in a training session to learn how to play with all the new toys they added to our recording studio at work. It's a long way from the four channel mixer and rca patches that I used. The camera boards are incredible. It's a shame I can't do that all the time. Although over the next month or so it's probably going to feel like it. I'll be running the boards for over 10 hours of recordings and then some. I wonder if my desk will miss me.
So one of the movies that Tom lent me was The Fantastic Four. It was actually one of the few movies that I saw in the theater in 2005. I wasn't overly impressed. The effects were ok, but the story was lacking and had huge plot holes. The end battle seemed a little weak too. Since I usually attempt all the extras on a DVD just to give it a fair shake, I listened to the commentary of Michael Chiklis, Ioan Gruffuld and Jessica Alba. It changed two components of the movie for me. Michael Chiklis comes across as a fan of the comic books and his intelligent comments make up for the fact that the movie isn't quite up to par. Jessica Alba, on the other hand, spends a lot of her comment time complaining about the suit, the fact that she's in a bra and panties, and numerous other things. What little respect I might have had for her in the category of actress leapt right out the window. At this point she's reduced herself to just a whiny chick who can't seem to come to terms with the fact that all the roles she accepts are scantily clothed. That, coupled with her recent squabble with Playboy and that puts her about 3 notches off my future radar screens. Have a nice day.

No comments: