Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Well, I am officially on the hunt for a new location now. And, by location, I mean job. I took this University gig with the understanding that it was going somewhere, hopefully profitable. Two years later (and about three months from baby) I have yet to see any promise. They've been dangling a promotion in front of me for about 8 months now and I can't see them closing the deal anytime soon. And, even if they did I'm not sure the trust is still there for me to work in this environment. I like to be comfortable where I work. I like knowing that I can count on the people around me and I'm sure they like knowing that they can count on me. I don't really have that here anymore. I used to think the internet world was a little backstabbing. They have nothing on University life. The politics games around here fly thicker, faster, and heavier than a WMD discussion at the Iowa caucus. So, if you know of anything in the Pittsburgh area let me know. About the only thing I can't do is write code. And, I'm going by the Jerry Maguire philosophy..."Show me the money." It's kind of like a family motto at this point. I'm reworking my resume as we speak (or as you read) and I'll be sending them out til I find something better or at the very least more profitable. So, if you know of anything please drop me a line.

No comments: