Monday, February 23, 2004

Ever notice the fact that when you actually have the will power to get something done, there's always that one little piece that someone else holds that prevents you from finishing what you started. Case in point, my resume. I'm almost completely done, but I'm waiting on someone in the tech department to give me the actual name of the financial accounting software we use in-house. It's all just sitting there waiting on that last bit of information before I can start zinging it out to other people.
Friday night on the drive down to Maryland, the Pens dropped another one to Florida and then Sunday they lost yet again to Ottawa. On the plus side, everything went well to Maryland, in Maryland, and from Maryland. The U-haul that we had apparently snapped what little shocks it had left somewhere around the Maryland/Pennsylvania border. So, everytime we had a slight wind, a car passing, or a curve to go through the truck rocked like a boat. Ray and I thought we were going to get seasick at one point. It reminded me of my old Cavalier that I had in high school. It had no shocks and would continue to bounce a mile or so after a big pothole.
Robin is mostly moved in. We had so much help in Pa. that it took less than an hour to unload the entire truck. After that we started assembling things like we were a squad of professional movers. So, by the time we left her apartment, she had the big stuff pretty much situated and in place. Now she has a week or so to get settled before she starts her new job over with Mark, Ray, and Diane.
Management class this evening. Hopefully he'll be in a good mood and let us go early tonight. I could use some time at home to get stuff straightened out after spending most of the weekend in Maryland and the rest hanging out with Mitch and Tom. We played Texas Hold 'Em and I cleaned house. When you're playing poker with Tom, make sure to look at your cards everytime you bet or think about betting. He'll take it as a sign you're holding nothing and bet big. Twice during the game yesterday I came up with straights. It felt kind of nice considering my usual luck with Poker. Then Tom and I got stomped at Euchre by Terri and Mitch. Oh well, time to go. Tomorrow is an off-day because of the doctor so you may see an update you may not.

No comments: