Thursday, February 12, 2004

Today is more of the same. The office is having a Valentine's Day party tomorrow. Everyone is supposed to bring in some sort of Valentine's colored food. Being the office cake maker, I'm supposed to come up with a red-velvet cake with red, white, and pink icing. Sounds like a fun Thursday night. I'd prefer to just sit and watch the Pens game with a woodchuck in one hand and my management textbook in the other. Why the textbook, you ask? I have a test on Monday evening. I haven't had a test in a long time. Makes me wonder if I remember how to take them. I still have about 2 1/2 chapters to cover for the test. I guess reading the material beforehand is probably a good idea.
The job is still the job. They say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I wish I could find the fence to discover this for myself.
Oh well, I'm not going to get bogged (or blogged...hehehe) down in that discussion again. I've decided I'm going to be more positive about my life. Ok, not really, but I can try. I don't remember which comedian said it, but hopefully this is true. "If all the good and bad times in my life balance, I'm gonna have one hell of an adult life."
Not to say that my childhood was bad, on the contrary it was rather good. It's been my professional life that has wreaked havoc over everything else. I always seem to work at a mediocre job with really nice people. Mabye I need mediocre people to go with a really nice job.
Looking back over the past few weeks, I've noticed that I tend to stick to the same three topics...baby, hockey, and work and not necessarily in that order. I think that means I need to get out and do a little more with my life. Except that that requires money and money requires a better job (see the sinkhole forming?). Today is finally almost over. You know it's been a long week when you're having difficulty slacking off. I did watch the leaderboards for the 125's at Daytona today. Junior won the first one and Eliott Sadler won the second one. The rest of the people stacked up pretty much where you'd imagine. Although newcomer Brian Vickers (who did fairly well at the end of last year) finished very poorly in the second 125. Hopefully his owner will have some provisional points to get him into the race. I guess that means since Nascar is starting back up I'll have a new topic. Whoopee! My life is a thrill-a-minute. Ok, enough bitterness for today.

No comments: