Friday, May 23, 2003

Well, I realized that I hadn't posted yet today (or yesterday). The stupid communications course crept up on me and subsequently I was almost late for something I didn't want to be at in the first place. Do you think it was too harsh to say that the course taught me absolutely nothing and was a complete and utter waste of my time? So, when I got home all I had planned was to work around the house and maybe finish some of these little tasks that have been steadily building up. Then the call came in.
"What do you have planned tonight?" "Not much, just hangin' out, why?" "We've got something to celebrate, I'll be over at 7 with the cigars."
Such was the phone conversation with Mitch. Now, a host of things ran through my mind, but nothing could prepare me for what he actually had to say. "Today at 9:30 my company told us that our site was closing as of November 1st. Then when I got home my girlfriend and I broke up."
"Jesus, you're just a truck or a dog away from a country song. So, what are we celebrating, exactly?"
Turns out he was at one of those nice crossroads in life and this was exactly the kick in the ass he needed. Good for him, since he says it's good for him. Anyway, we had several nice cigars and a nice relaxing evening in the cool breeze so all was right with the world. Til tomorrow anyway.

No comments: