Tuesday, May 13, 2003

I've decided that having a departmental meeting is about as productive as spitting into a fan, except that spitting into a fan could be made into a game and therefore have a modicum of entertainment value attached to it. I spend hour upon hour churning out operating procedural documents for the department that are by and large ignored, not used or ridiculed. What exactly is the point? I could just simply go back to the monkey job of data entry, turn my brain off and fit right back in with the lemmings. I often wonder what it would be like to be appreciated for the work that I do and the effort that goes into it. I know that I portray the slacker and god knows I've yet to work a full 40 hour week since I can churn out more work in a short span of time. However, I have written close to 700 pages of a manual that keeps getting rewritten behind my back. When this is brought to someone's attention, the reply is, "Oh, yeah. Why aren't we still doing that?" Perhaps because most people in this department have the attention span of a two year old and that's being generous since Jacob's attention span far outlasts the people in my department. I also feel that I'm portraying myself as a martyr most of the time. Maybe I need to follow Lloyd's advice and I'll go get myself a big wooden cross so that everytime I feel unappreciated for my sacrifices, I can climb on up and nail myself to it.
At least the hockey world is throwing me a bone. J-S Giguere is making himself look like every all-star goaltender rolled into one. Go Ducks.

No comments: