Friday, May 02, 2003

A bit more on the E-mail class. Not only have I not been successful in my attempts to get out of it thus far (though I plan on prevailing), I found out that the class is SIX HOURS LONG. It's split over two days which may save lives if I ultimately have to take this class. Some one in the office asked me why I was trying so hard to get out of the class. I said, "It's not that I'm trying to get out of something, I have already taken this class. You wouldn't send Emeril Lagasse back to cooking school. Why should I go back for an elementary writing class?" This met with obvious skepticism, most notably the "new guy" saying..."But I'm sure that Emeril takes refresher courses all the time." That may be true. I have no basis to argue that particular point, but E-mail 101 is hardly a refresher course. If I was being signed up for Advanced Character Development in Fiction, I may have a slightly better attitude about it. As I plan on bringing up to the "new guy" (who is a CPA), the next time the conversation rolls around to this, "You wouldn't mind taking a refresher class on the newest tax laws, but you'd be a tad acrimonious (thank you Joey) in replying to a suggestion that you need to go back to Accounting 101. Ok, enough bitterness for today. I'm off to help build a swingset for my buddy Jacob and pray that the Lightning have something left to stave off the Devils.

No comments: