Friday, May 16, 2003

Alright, I seem to have the comment system under control. That's the explanation for the several short little posts. It just looked better than "Testing" So, this morning with help from Tom, who had to have his girlfriend help him, everything seems to be functioning normally. Not much else is going on today. I'm just ticking down the minutes til I can get the hell out of here for the weekend. Not that I have anything more exciting waiting for me this weekend, but it sure beats being here.
On a completely odd and unrelated topic, the interim boss said that of all the people in the office to dance with, I wouldn't be his first choice. Understandable I guess. Then he went too far. He said that one of the temps, Tony, ranks higher on the list than I do. I'm hurt and insulted and completely clueless as to why I even care.
I received confirmation of the Service-Oriented Communications class (e-mail) that I have to take. The e-mail said that I was scheduled for Monday 19th of May and Wednesday the 22nd of May. Now, I know that I wasn't a math major and can't unravel programming as evidenced by the comment saga, but even I can look at a calendar and see that if Monday is the 19th, Wed has to be the 21st. So, if I had any respect left at all for this class (which I didn't so it doesn't matter), it would have went right out the window there. Attached to the confirmation e-mail was homework. They wanted us to take the example e-mail and correct the grammer and punctuation. Then once we were done correcting the e-mail, we were supposed to write a second draft making it clearer and closer to the point. As I began ripping things apart with my trusty red pen, I noticed that one of the mistakes that they are trying to have you correct involved the verb "to be" Now for anyone who knows anything about Pittsburgh, and western Pa as a whole, they know that the verb "to be" doesn't exist in language here. The car needs washed. The lawn needs mowed. What else needs done? Since most of the employees here are true yinzers how do they expect people to catch that. I also noticed when placing my time out of the office on the public calendar online that someone else going to the class had simply placed "grammer class" in the reason field. I had no idea that they were teaching a class on this. Ok, this just proves that they need to screen the people that are taking this class. How am I supposed to sit in class with this person and not make a sarcastic comment? It will be a true test of patience.
That being said, hopefully J.S. Giguere can write history once again and perform another playoff shutout making the Ducks the first team in history to sweep the conference finals without letting their opponents score any goals. I know, people are saying that it's boring hockey. I find the Ducks/Wild series very exciting and most of it stems around the fact that two Defense first teams are battling one another. The Ducks are playing the game they'd like to play and it's highly entertaining to see the Wild scramble around the ice trying to remember what to do. On the flip side, another game of the New Jersey/Ottawa series with the trap and I'm gonna skip the rest of the series.

No comments: