Thursday, May 08, 2003

I've noticed that the majority of my entries come in the afternoon when motivation takes a leave of absence. Oh well, nothing I can do about that. It's not like I would work through it or anything. Tonight the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs will be decided and I think I'm gonna score under 50%. Judging from the last two games where they've been outscored 12-3 I don't think Vancouver is going to pull out a game 7 win. They just don't seem as though they want it bad enough. I think I want it more than they do and I'm several canadian providences away from where the game is going to be played (never mind the fact that I can't skate or shoot). Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game the conference finals start on Saturday.
One of the things that I noticed skimming through the entertainment news is that within the next two years there will be two epic films made about the life of Alexander the Great. Now, I guess the subject material could be interesting, but two movies. Then I noticed the casts. For the first one, Oliver Stone is directing Colin Farrell. Well, I can only say that if Farrell brings the same realism to this movie that he did to the life of Jesse James, then we are in for a treat indeed. We may see the first occurence of Alexander the Great driving a Ford Mustang. The second movie is being directed by Baz Luhrmann who brought the magnum opus Moulin Rouge to life. This movie, much like that movie also stars Nicole Kidman. The lead, or Alexander, is being played by Leonardo DiCaprio, who worked with Luhrmann in Romeo and Juliet. Is it his personal mission in life to ruin all epic stories? Oh well, I doubt I'll see either one so does it really matter? And seriously, is Alexander the Great that proven as a box office draw? Me, I'd much rather see this. At least it doesn't take itself too seriously. Oh well, enough space wasted on...nothing interesting. I think it might be time to go back to work now.

No comments: