Sunday, January 01, 2006

A month and a half. I'm sure if anyone was actually reading this, they'd think something was seriously wrong. Anyway, it's a new year. 2006. Nothing overly momentous about it I guess. Dick Clark finally showed some sign that's he's actually an aging human. I have a much greater respect for him after watching the program last night. To show vulnerability like that takes a great deal of courage in a town like Hollywood. To say nothing of the battle that's he's had over the past year. Learning how to walk, talk, and basically live again isn't easy for anyone.
Anyway, Terri's cousin is getting married in October. So, the family has decided to take their extremely competitive nature and put it to good use. They've decided to lose weight within a support group system. So, everyone weighed in today and in Tuesday's mail, there will be somewhere between 10 and 20 letters winging their way to the keeper's house. These envelopes will contain everyone's weight as of January 1st, 2006. On October 1st, 2006 everyone weighs in again and that number is subtracted from the original number to get the percentage of weight lost (or gained, I guess). Winner take all, $50 buy-in. I've got a short list of what I'm going to do with the money. I figure I can drop 20 percent without too much of a stretch in the span of time allotted.
I'm sure there will be more mentioned at another time, but that's a good overall start for today I guess.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll discuss the obligatory resolutions (one of which I'm in the process of keeping as I type this). I plan on posting a lot more often. So, more tomorrow, don't want to post everything tonight. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year.

No comments: