Thursday, November 17, 2005

In defense of under-recognized holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and New Year's, I sent the following letter to a local radio station.

I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I've dropped your radio station from my preset list. On my way home this evening I heard a Christmas song being played on your station. Thinking it might be a commercial, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. When it turned out to be a complete song, I immediately reprogrammed the preset button. Christmas is 5 weeks away. Nothing outside of the realm of marketing juggernauts like Star Wars or Harry Potter needs a 5 week buildup. The day after Thanksgiving gives merchants and radio station more than enough time to hammer home the "goodwill" in the general public. Perhaps next year you'll consider this in your programming and gain back a listener.
Sincerely,

bill

We went up to visit The Warner Clan and bring some dinner along with Susie. Andrew is doing well and Katie and Gage had fun playing together. Though the camera and photographer couldn't quite get the hug timed out. Tomorrow concludes a very long week at work and in the personal swing of things (though personally, I probably won't get a good break til around December). It will be nice to have time to answer an IM here or there and perhaps catch up on the NHL standings.
Oh and Matt, we're 1 and 1 on the year with 6 to go.

No comments: