Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm not a huge fan of Mark Messier, I think he's an overrated cheap shot artist myself. That could be a Rangers bias, or an errant Gretzky bias, or something else entirely. However, with the free preview I just happened to turn on the Oilers/Rangers game and happened upon the retirement ceremony for Messier's #11 in the rafters of Madison Square Garden. He is certainly well respected in New York. The ceremony was beyond heartfelt and players, coaches, fans, and Messier alike were all moved to tears at one point or another. Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon were in the stands and Dana Reeves sang a tribute to Mark and in memory of Christopher since they were both apparently huge Rangers fans. It was refreshing to see the community work that Messier did, for me it almost makes up for all the on-ice crap he got away with.
Anyway, tomorrow I'm most likely off to the Warners with Gage in tow to celebrate Elizabeth's passing of the PE exam (not physical education).
If you haven't opened your heating bill this month, don't. Just sign over your next paycheck to whatever utility company you have. It amazes me, our house is bordering on ice-box status according to some (I think it's right on the edge between chilly and comfortable) and yet this was indeed the highest heating bill I've ever seen. Hopefully this 50 degree weather will stick around for a while.
Oh well, it's early this evening, so maybe I'll get some productive things done before bed.

No comments: