Friday, January 06, 2006

Just a short post tonight as I slip slowly into the effects of the coma and listen to the Q talk to me.
Hopefully Gage will allow us to sleep. Due to my cold, I didn't end up following asleep until between 1:30 and 2:00 last night. At 2:20 I woke up, but I didn't know why I woke up at first. Then I heard the screaming. Gage was screaming his head off, inconsolable. He didn't go back to sleep until 3:15 and that was between Terri and I. So, for the rest of the night, I was either dealing with little hands and arms reaching out and latching on to make sure I was still there or little feet kicking me in the back. Restful, huh?
So due to the lack of sleep, my cold took over. My chest feels as though there's a steel band that someone tightens a notch everytime I take a breath. I'm coughing to the point where I think I pulled a muscle in my back and I've spent the better part of the evening trying to locate the off switch for my nose. (Graphic, huh?)
When I woke up this morning I swung my legs off the edge of the bed and stared at the phone on the dresser. I was so close to calling off, but when you only get 3 sick days a year, it's hard to justify burning one in the first week of the new year. So, I drag myself through the shower, pull on some clothes, and put it on autodrive to head to work. When I get to work, I pulled in behind one of the project managers. Out of her passenger side climbs the guy who is living with my project manager. Adding that factoid up quickly, I realize that my project manager called off sick today. So much for just burying my head at my desk and praying for 6 to arrive.
It took me 7 hours at work just to get a handle on things to the point where they were back to the same point they were when I left last night. I actually did manage to get a huge program squared away and received the final ok at 5:58. Talk about waiting til the last minute.
Then of course I had to come home and babysit since Terri was working til 10 this evening. And that trend continues all weekend. What fun. Here's hoping the coma fixes all.

No comments: