Monday, January 02, 2006

Wow, two days in a row. So, new year's resolutions. Nothing special about the day, in fact, the only reason they're called New Year's resolutions is because they start on New Year's day. In fact, I may start writing Arbor day resolutions. Maybe next year. This year, I've come up with a few old ones and a few new ones. In no particular order...
1. Drop 20% of my body weight
2. Double the number of novels read in 2005 from 15 to 30 (yes, I know it's sad that I only managed to clear 15 novels in the past year, that's why I'm trying to change it.)
3. Blog a lot more often with a lot more consistency
4. Begin writing for me
5. Visit family and friends
I'm sure I have more, but those are the main ones. So far, I've managed to get on track for the first three. Here's hoping I can keep it going.
I would talk hockey, but that's a dismal prospect at the moment. Although, the tickets that Tom bought us for Christmas proved to be an incredible game. We saw 4 of the 6 Penguin goals in our end and they were sweet. It's a shame that Thibault can't find a way to close out games. I think they really could have taken the Leafs tonight, though I'm happy with the point. Of course, they're still 12 points out of a playoff spot. I hope they can get half a good streak going through the rest of January. I don't want them to get too hot and cool off for the Olympics, but I would like them to keep winning the majority of the games and getting stronger as they go. They're going to need a phenomenal stretch run to make the playoffs. So much for not talking about hockey.

No comments: