Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I can't believe what an ongoing ordeal it is to put a child to bed, ok, not a child...my child. I started at 8:52. I finally managed to get him to fall asleep to the point where I could get out of the room at 10:03. 71 minutes completely gone. I could have walked 3 miles at an unhurried pace on the treadmill in that amount of time. I could have ridden almost 15 miles on the exercise bike. I could have finished all tbe bills and filing that I need to get done. I could have organized all the new magazines that have come in that I haven't had time to read yet. Amazing. And, of course, there's no guarantee that he'll even stay asleep. That's why I'm typing as fast as I can.
Friday night, while Terri was traveling for work, Gage and I headed up to the Warner's house to visit with Susie, Randy, Elizabeth, Katie, and Andrew. I can't believe how big Andrew is getting already. It seems like only yesterday we were visiting him in the hospital and he's been to his two month checkup already. Katie has an amazing vocabulary and knows a lot of songs as well. I hope Gage is doing that well after his 2nd birthday. Of course, watching Gage chase Katie through the length of the house yelling, "HUG! HUG! HUG!" was one of the funniest things I had seen in a while. It reminded me of Animal chasing a female up the aisle of the auditorium yelling, "Woman! Woman!" I guess that's why Gage's favorite muppet so far is Animal.
Saturday was a lazy day. The whole family just lounged all day long. Sunday we headed out to do some much needed shopping after church and nap time.
Monday night I went to the Penguin's game with my buddy Ray. Even though it was another disappointing loss, I thought they played well. Though I'm becoming increasingly disheartened with the blind eye the refs are turning to all the cheap shots Sidney Crosby ends up taking in the course of a game. Gonchar, the million (actually multiple million) dollar boy, actually had 5 shots and drove to the net a couple of times. Does this mean he's finally realized he's a hockey player and not a spectator? One can only hope. According to the paper today, the Pens already have a magic number of 55. Craziness.

No comments: