Friday, January 30, 2004

Well the Pens lost again to Tampa Bay. The good news is, Number 29 is headed back to Cape Breton. And even though he let in 11 goals in his last two games people were still saying he had two good games and he played well. Have they seen the definition of the word well recently? I guess mine differs just a little. Don't get me wrong. I think he's probably going to be a world class goaltender one day. And with a little experience, practice, and patience I'll probably come to respect his abilities and trust him in the net. Right now, have a nice time in Canada. The Pens only have 30 games left on the season and then playoff hockey starts. It is without a doubt one of my favorite times of the year. Then comes the offseason and the CBA. I hope that goes well. I can't handle a lockout.
I just got word that Adam is in Altoona so he's going to be a bit delayed getting here this evening. That train definitely takes a wandering route from Philly to Pittsburgh.
And, after a dozen or so days with below freezing temperatures, all I want to know is..."Where are the global warming people now?"
I saw a dramatization of this on some channel Terri was watching last night. The vast majority of people really are stupid. I just can't figure out any other explanation.
Here are two commercials that have been pissing me off recently that I just haven't gotten around to ranting about.
The first is for Comcast Cable (who have also been pissing me off recently) They have this complete and utter idiot who bought the dish, but didn't anchor it to anything. And, according to the biased slant of the commercial, when he called the dish people they told him to anchor it in a bucket of cement. But, his claim, is that he has nowhere to mix the cement because he lives in an apartment. WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING BUCKET? This guy is too stupid to live on his own and should be confined to a room with rubber lined sheets to contain his drool.
The second is from Special K cereal. They have jumped on the diet bandwagon (let's not even go down that path again). Their latest commercial shows meat stacking up on a butcher's scale til it reaches 6 lbs. Then they tell you that you can lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks by replacing 2 meals a day with a bowl of Special K cereal. I want to know how many brainless idiots are following this plan. Of course if you switch two substantial meals a day to cereal you're going to lose weight. I don't care what cereal you're eating. You could be eating sugar coated pieces of sugar with sugar frosting and still lose weight if you're eating one meal and two bowls of cereal in a day. And, I'm sure there's a whole subsection of the populous that's jumping towards this. Morons. Morons. Morons. Oh well, enough bitching for today.

No comments: