Friday, January 16, 2004

Ok, I'm done hearing about diets. Get off your ass and exercise a little. Losing weight is the simplest equation in the world. Burn more calories than you take in. Do this enough and you'll lose weight. There's no need to buy special food from the same place that Fergie does. There's no need to cut out all carbohydrates or all proteins or all fats or all...you get the picture. Joe is doing it right. He's snacking a little less, exercising a little more. If you break down the calorie equation I'll bet he's burning off more than he's taking in. I think that everyone I work with is on a different diet. One guy is on the South Beach, one woman is on Atkins, others are counting fat, and they claim that they are going to exercise. With the exception of one person, I haven't seen a change in anyone. I've lost more weight than they have and all I do is step on the treadmill a couple of times a week.
Ok, enough about that crap.
This isn't a funny scenario, but to hear it on the radio made me laugh like hell. The announcer said that..."apparently the man had an incendiary device in the car and set it off when he noticed the police chasing him. I wonder if they just wanted to tell him his brake light was out?
Pens play Minnesota tonight. I hope that Marc-Andre isn't too rusty. It's rumored that he's starting tonight.
Oh well, here's to a whole weekend of getting stuff done. I need to finish the cat house before the annual Superbowl party. I know, I can't stand football, it's a long story that maybe I'll get into later.

No comments: