Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Pretty dull day today. Tom stopped by the office today and we went through another round of...Are you guys brothers? Aside from dark hair (which is rapidly falling off of one of us, I won't say which so as not to embarrass him) we are fairly different. He's taller, broader, and as a programmer wears the typical uniform...t-shirt, jeans, and a ball cap. Who knows what goes through people's minds?
Another thing that caught my wrath recently is wrapping paper. I wish I had invented that. Wrapping paper costs money and all it does is hide a gift you spent money on for about two minutes while the recipient rips it to shreds and then you go through and pick it all up and throw it away. And, in my house it seems we buy one roll of wrapping paper for every gift. Does the gift take the whole roll? No. But the rest of the roll seems to disappear from gift to gift. Every Christmas we spend $10-15 on wrapping paper and the next year all the leftovers are gone. Where did they go? I've actually considered buying that wrapping paper caddy that they advertise on TV. Then I stop smoking the crack and realize that's exactly what they want you to do. Spend more money on wrapping paper and wrapping paper accessories. I just don't understand it. I think the underpants gnomes are expanding their business. Wrapping paper could be phase two.

No comments: