Monday, January 26, 2004

Well, I was supposed to start back to class this evening, but the weather decided I needed another day off. So, depending on tomorrow's weather I may have one of my two classes or I may have another week's reprieve. I need to find the severe weather number that they referenced on the sign on the door. That might give me just a little up front insight.
One thing that having this evening off did accomplish was getting to see the newest Dennis Miller vehicle. This is on CNBC every evening at 9:00. Dennis is crawling up on 50 and has mellowed a little. He's become slightly more conservative in his advanced age. Oddly enough the imdb doesn't have this new show listed. His first guest was Gov. Arnold. It was an interesting interview though most of it was spent trying to push the two propositions that Arnold needs passed in California. And, what's Dennis Miller without the news. The last segment of the show, I think it was called the Varsity Squad or Varsity panel (gee what short term memory, huh?) He had three "informed" people though David Horowitz did all the talking. Naomi Wolf was a little outmatched being the only girl. I'm wondering if these three people will be regulars or will they be replaced daily or weekly. Anyway, if you get a chance, catch the show. I think Dennis might actually go a long way towards drawing both sides towards common sense. I guess that will remain to be seen.
Other than that, not a whole lot is going on around here. Just trying to get the house into shape for the annual commercial bowl. We just found out that Adam will be coming in from Philadelphia and being a guest at casa de Vandermark. That means we'll have to be slightly quicker in getting everything ready, but oh well. I need to solve the logistical problems of a.) finishing the cathouse and b.) delivering the cathouse. Finishing hopefully won't be a problem, but delivery might. The weather combined with my father's new truck, added to the fact that he probably doesn't have a cap on the truck, along with the fact that it probably won't fit in any car might make it difficult. I'll get it eventually.

No comments: