Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I chose to watch the Pens against Tampa Bay instead of catching the Dennis Miller show. Bad idea. The sooner they send Fleury back to the Junior League the happier I'll be. I'm sure that someday he might be the phenom everyone is claiming, but I have yet to see it. The only thing he seems to have any consistent stopping power on are penalty shots. And, how often do they happen? After the 6-2 loss (with a nice bright spot on Joe Melichar's first NHL goal) Stan Savran gave a little rant on Jagr being traded to the New York Rangers. He said it would be hard to have Jagr whine and destroy team chemistry because the Rangers don't have any to begin with. So, I won't be alone in rooting for the Rangers to miss the playoffs yet again. I was talking, ok ranting, with Brian on the phone about the Pens. He's pretty sure that if he was a player he'd rather retire than play for the Rangers and he's from New York. I just hope that this September brings good things to the Penguins and the league in general. And here's hoping that I can stand the ESPN announcers long enough to watch the All-Star game and playoff hockey.
Terri had another doctor's appt. today. Everything seems to be coming along well. We heard the heartbeat again. The second ultrasound is in about a month or so and I'll be sure to update once we've done that. We've started the name game again, but still nothing. Although Matt has threatened to do the same thing to our son that we once did to Dave and what'shername's cat. They couldn't decide on a name soon enough so we called it motherfucker. It answered quite readily. They finally decided on smudge, but the first name stuck better. Now, I'm not saying Matt's going to call my son motherfucker, but he's threatening Darius. Somehow I think I prefer the former to the latter. Anyone else have any name suggestions for a boy?

No comments: