Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Well, I had yesterday off so there's a little more to talk about today. On Friday night, we took Terri's boss out bowling as a late Christmas gift. Poor guy got crushed every game. And speaking of crushed, the Pens have dropped games to Minnesota, Washington, and most likely the Devils.
Saturday we headed out to pick up a travel system from a woman that Terri works with. We got a $150 piece of baby stuff for $40. That enabled us to head to Babies R Us and adjust the registry. What we didn't know is that Saturday was the big Grand Opening of the Babies R Us in Cranberry. It was wall to wall people and babies. It was crazy. Then on the way back we wanted to head to USA Baby to pick out a crib, but snow and lack of directional skill prevented that.
Then early Sunday morning we headed out to Cole's christening. He was very quiet and well behaved during the christening itself, but he decided quickly that he didn't want anything to do with all the pictures that people wanted to take and no one could really blame him. After family cleared out we headed back over to Amy and Glen's to hang out and visit. We were able to ascertain that Glen's father, who was in a car accident Saturday night, was ok.
Monday, I slept in a little and then set to the task of starting the big tetris puzzle that is my house right now. I need to put the carpet on the cat house to get the cat house out of the kitchen to get the kitchen table out of the dining room into the kitchen, etc. etc. etc.
I did manage to make some headway. I got the bottoms of both floors covered and started on the house portion. I wanted to do a little more this evening, but just haven't found the motivation quite yet. I need to do it soon. There's only 11 days left before the Superbowl party and I need to have the majority of this stuff done by then. And, considering this is a Christmas gift from Christmas '02 it's about time.
And, even though there are 11 days left, I lose two evenings next week to class which I haven't been in since 1998. So, that in itself should be an interesting experience.

No comments: