Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Well, it's been almost a week since the playoffs started and as you can see my psychic abilities just aren't what they used to be. Or, maybe they are what they used to be and they just always sucked. Anyway, so far here's how things shake out.

In the East

Ottawa is leading the Isles 2-1 in the series so my 6 game prediction could still happen.
Boston was looking like it was gonna drop in 4, but if my prediction comes true, they'll have to take it to 7 with New Jersey.
Tampa Bay is only down by one game, but it'll have to go to at least 6 if they are gonna win.
The Leafs could still pull it out in 5, but I'm sure the Flyers will give it one last gasp.

In the West

The Stars are also only down by a game and they are up by one at the beginning of the second, however they really aren't gonna sweep at this point so Edmonton picked up their game. Who would have thought Tommy Salo would have rebounded from his Olympic Goal.
Ok, here's the shocker. I picked the Wings/Ducks series to be a sweep. I just never thought the Ducks would be the ones doing the sweeping. However, I would hope that the Wings won't go down quite that easy, but it's made for some good hockey.
Colorado is keeping up with my prediction, but really...against the Wild...who cares?
Vancouver is also down by a game, but the series is still very close and St. Louis is a perennial favorite to choke. (which is to say nothing of the plea to have me drive out to Philly to perform the maneuver that used to be known as the Heimlich on a professional hockey team out there.)
Oh and did I mention that I still despise ESPN announcers and now have come to dread their "fresh" camera angles.

On a sadder note, Rick Kehoe was released of his Pittsburgh Penguin coaching duties today. One of the names being tossed around by everyone outside of the organization is Bryan Trottier so that could be cool, but Kehoe's a good guy in the hockey world and not being given an adequate team to coach is kind of a let down both for him and the team. Oh well, such is life. C'mon CBA in 2004.

I think that's all for today. Still 1-0 Dallas in the middle of the second. Time to go do something slightly more useful.

No comments: