Monday, April 21, 2003

Ok, apparently I'm not committed enough to actually log on from home on the weekends. Anyway, that aside I had a typical Easter split between my parents and her parents as all holidays have been since 1992. At least there were no extended in-laws this year. That made things slightly more bearable.
On the hockey front, Tampa Bay wrapped up their series against Washington beating them in 6 games which was only one more than I thought it would take them. I guess they borrowed the game from the Ottawa series. So once again Washington joins the golf circuit by being knocked out of the first round. Now I just need Philly to finally choke in the East and all will be well with the world. In the West, Edmonton held out two games longer than I gave them credit for. Dallas finally took the win in 6 though. Vancouver and St. Louis looks like it's been the only long series and they'll be playing game 7 tomorrow. Colorado could wrap up tonight.
Not too much happened over the weekend. Played an interesting game Saturday at Tom's apartment. It was called Tripoley. Not usually being very good at betting and luck games in general (my wins come from skill) I was surprised that I stomped the competition. However, when you've got it, you've got it. Saturday daytime was spent trying to tame the jungle that is our yard. The very sweet old lady that owned the house before we came in, spent all of her golden years tending to the yard. We have every type of plant, tree, and flower imaginable and some that no one recognizes. (It's not a weed, it's a tree) So, after filling five lawn bags full of stuff, Terri and I called it a day and went over to see Tom.

No comments: