Wednesday, April 23, 2003

One thing I forgot to post today, and I'm hesitant to draw attention to it, is a McDonald's commerical I saw last night. Normally I wouldn't eat McDonald's if they delivered right to my desk and paid me to have lunch. However, I have to give credit to the ad people. They came up with a commercial that made me laugh so hard my wife came downstairs to make sure I was ok. The commercial starts off very innocently. A shy little boy makes his way over to a group of girls standing outside a school. He asks very nicely if the cute little blonde girl wants to go with him to McDonald's. She turns him down flat, getting his name wrong in the process. When he corrects her she blows him off again. At that moment, looking better than I've seen her in years, Tiffani Thiessen walks up and says that she'd love to go. Everyone turns in amazement as she says, "McDonald's and a guy like you? A girl would have to be crazy not to go." The little blonde girl hangs her head as Tiffani and the little boy walk away. Out of earshot the little boy looks up and says, "Thanks Aunt Tiffani that was so cool." I lost it. Granted, it won't make me eat at McDonald's, but I'm not sure gunpoint could make me do that.

No comments: