Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Ok, I realized that there was something else that I wanted to post today that got kind of buried in everything else that transpired today. Tonight starts the playoff hockey season. So, even though I'm sure I'll be proven way wrong, here are my picks for the first round.



East



(1) Ottawa Senators over (8) New York Islanders (6 games)

(7) Boston Bruins over (2) New Jersey Devils (7 games)

(3) Tampa Bay Lightning over (6) Washington Capitals (5 games)

(5) Toronto Maple Leafs over (4) Philadelphia Flyers (5 games) [sorry Matt]





West



(1) Dallas Stars over (8) Edmonton Oilers (4 games)

(2) Detroit Red Wings over (7) Anaheim Mighty Ducks (4 games)

(3) Colorado Avalanche over (6) Minnesota Wild (5 games)

(4) Vancouver Canucks over (5) St. Louis Blues (7 games)



I won't predict beyond the first round at this point so that I'm not completely humiliated in my psychic abilities, or lack thereof. I do a lot of my predicting with a fair mixture of facts and hope for my outcome. I've been told that Boston probably isn't going to end up in the win column for the series, but who knows. And, is anyone else with me on wanting to see the Buffalo Sabres trade Miroslav Satan to the New Jersey Devils? I would consider buying a Satan Devils jersey. Ok, enough dorkdom. Time to do something productive, or at least something else.

No comments: