Thursday, January 13, 2005

Well, we did it. Took all five programs live. Felt pretty good about it too. Now that's over, and I have another desk full of stuff that need to be done.
I also got a little filing cabinet that I had ordered to try and keep my desk in a slightly neater state. I have to find the time to put it together. That should make for an interesting time filler at some point today or tomorrow.
It's a good thing I waited til this afternoon to post. I learned something today that chilled me to my very soul. All this time that I've known Susiezy and she has never, I repeat NEVER, seen any of the Die Hard movies. NEVER! EVER! How is that humanly possible? That's like someone our age saying they've never seen the Star Wars movies. (Don't laugh, a girl I worked with at Lycos had never seen them.) Scary stuff. Although it goes a long way to explain things.
Very little is going on around here. Although we were fighting with our insurance company and our pediatricians office. In the months leading up to having Gage, our insurance sprung on us at the last moment that the deductible was per calendar year. Since we were pregnant August-May everything paid August-December didn't really count toward the deductible. So it started all over again in January. So, I started investigating every little contingency that might come up. Knowing that a baby can't pop out into instantaneous insurance coverage, I called Terri's doctors, the University's benefits office, and my insurance who all said the same thing. A newborn is covered under the parent's insurance for the first 31 days of life. Why then, if everyone knows this information, did we receive a bill for $325.00 for visits to Gage as a newborn in the hospital? Because no one knows what the hell they are doing apparently. The doctor's office tried to bill Gage's insurance who, after 4 months, told them that was a mistake. So they tried to bill my insurance who, after about 4 months, told them that was a mistake as well. A newborn is covered under the mother's insurance. Everyone seems to know this, but they still screwed it up. I just don't get it. It's beyond me apparently. My world revolves around some semblence of logic and their world apparently doesn't.
I guess that's the end of the saga for today.

No comments: