Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Well, I did end up having a little extra time here at work today. So, I'll use that to throw up a short post. We're headed to the Warner's house tonight for dinner so I won't be home much of the evening. I'm told Katie has taken some steps so we'll see how well she's walking this evening. She's between 5 and 6 months older than Gage so it's interesting to see the differences between the two right now. Then in a couple of years, those gaps will close to almost nothing and you won't even be able to tell there is an age difference.
I'm trying to figure out why I spent all that good money on a formal wedding with family and friends in attendance. I could have just went to Vegas and got married by none other than MC Hammer. Don't believe me? Check this out. All I can say about that wedding is, Can't touch this. I wonder if he made everyone call him Rev. Hammer?
Speaking of weddings, we dismissed a lot of the things considered "traditional" at weddings that we've attended, dj'd, sung at, etc. Terri and I had been to enough weddings and planned long enough for our own that we were able to personalize almost every aspect of the service from the selection of her dress to the personalized wedding favors and crayons for the kids. This story puts a whole new slightly "creepy" spin on the personalization of things. It bothered me more than a little, mostly, because I've actually put thought into my own...um...ending. Being very pop culture minded, I've scripted most aspects of my life including the end. Now, apparently I can make it happen just the way I want it to. I shouldn't have that much power after I'm dead. I think if they just want to throw me in a box and set me on fire, they should be able to. But, hey...that's just one man talking, or in this case typing.

No comments: