Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Today has been pretty busy. We have a potential to take 5 programs live today just from our group. That's a pretty good record around here. So far, we've got four out of five and I've been going back and forth with the client trying to get the fifth one ready.
This weekend marks the beginning of the playoffs for the Steelers. I hold a mild interest in the playoffs for football simply because of the Superbowl party we host every year. I know, why do I host a party for a sport I don't like? The short answer is...because I could care less about the game and I'm a better host because of it. The long answer is...well too long. Ask Tom maybe he'll tell you how it all started.
There are only two days left before a potential cancellation of an entire hockey season. I just can't believe that that might happen. I can't believe they would be that dumb. Somewhere in that league, someone with power must actually still give a crap about the game itself instead of the paycheck.
I'm considering both of these devices. The music one basically so I can participate in all the song memes that are going on around me. And, I would love to have a Mac again. Mac was my first computer and I do miss it so.
As noted yesterday we did end up at the Warners' house for dinner. Katie is very cautious in her walking so a lot of the time she'll just crawl because it's faster. Now I know how that attitude makes it to adulthood. You know the right way to do something, but you always take the shortcut or the easy way out because it requires less energy and you already know how to do it.
Dinner was delicious as always and we got to spend some time with friends we don't get to see a lot. I can e-mail or IM them pretty much everyday, but actual face to face time is rare. Hopefully we can change that in 2005.
And, we celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Or Martin Luther Jr King day as it almost was.

No comments: