Monday, January 17, 2005

Today has been one of those days where I've been working and moving non-stop all day, but I can't really give you a good description of anything I've gotten accomplished.
This weekend, which was supposed to be full of activity, dwindled to sitting in the house attempting to stay warm. Last week, I walked from work to the 7-11 and back (a little over 1/2 mile), in just jeans and a polo-shirt. No jacket, no gloves, no hat. Today, I made the same trip, bundled in a winter jacket, hat, gloves and a hood and I was still cold. It was single digits here in Pittsburgh today. Last week it was almost 70. That's not a good swing, unless you're on the other end. I wouldn't mind waking up to 70 tomorrow.
Anyway, I noticed in my last post about books that there were some really good suggestions. I'm always open to book suggestions and if I had more time, I'd probably be in a book group or two.
Not much else is going on in Pittsburgh after the huge collective sigh of relief from the outcome of Saturday's game. I believe I saw the Jets Kicker's resume on Monster this morning. And, if things had gone the other way, it probably would have been bundled with Jeff Reed's resume.
Not that I really care. Only about a month or so til Nascar starts up again. This week Pennsylvania is the football capital of the world. The Steelers are hosting their division game and the Eagles are hosting their division game. All eyes are on the Keystone state this week. And with the potential for a turnpike superbowl (although with the game in Florida, I'm not sure how that's possible), I'm sure the Governor is readying some sort of speech. Although within moments of the end of the games, regardless of the turnout, no one will be looking at Pennsylvania for anything.

No comments: