Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Well, I know I said that I would look up the information on just how long I've been waiting for the license plates to arrive. Last night I actually remembered. I wrote a check to Carnegie Mellon on September 6th, 2002. The license plates arrived at my house on December 29th, 2004. 2 years 114 days after I signed the check. At this point, It's only been 2 years 84 days since the wedding. I still have a month left before the time even begins to equal out. I did put the plate on the car on January 1st, although I haven't taken the time to see what we need to do about Terri's plate yet.
My hope is that I can get home tonight and keep my motivation at a high level and finish a good portion of the small nagging projects around the house. I would like 2005 to go much smoother than 2004 did. We were caught with too much to do, not enough time or resources to do it, and the stress that went along with all of that. So, hopefully we can change that incrementally throughout 2005. Although, at some point in the future I expect mass chaos for the whole house thing. But, it's possible that won't occur til 2006, I guess it all depends on how 2005 goes.
I'm also thinking about tackling five other big projects that I've put on hold a little too long so maybe I won't have any motivation when I get home tonight. Sometimes the thought of all that's looming just serves as a demotivation tactic.

No comments: