Monday, January 10, 2005

Busy weekend. Friday night I went out after work to celebrate the launch of a huge project that I only had minimal dealings with. It was interesting. This is the first time I've been out socially with my new office. Now, not everyone went, which is a good indication of certain behaviors to begin with, but those that did go, I can now see in a whole new light.
I found that my work has greatly improved and they are very happy with me, thus far. Which means that I might actually become a better employee and stop slacking off so much. I've actually been meaning to find time at home to update instead of doing it at work. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with doing it at work, but there are a lot of interruptions. Although, there are a lot of interruptions at home too. Such is my life.
Saturday we had to go out and get some shopping down since we were down to very little food in the house. So, we headed out and ended up hitting two bookstores, a mall, Costco, Best Buy, and K-Mart. Good day all around. Long, but good.
Saturday night into Sunday, Gage didn't sleep well, which meant we didn't sleep well. I woke up feeling a little congested and we rushed around trying to get ready for church. Gage was crying and being generally fussy and by the time we drove up to the church we were already 10 minutes late and we ended up simply skipping church altogether. I know it's not a good thing to do, but it doesn't happen often.
So, we drove around for a little while til Gage got settled down. Then we headed to one of those starving artist shows that you see advertised on TV all the time. It wasn't worth it. I thought they would have an interesting selection, but a good portion of the pieces were basically the same and by the same I mean crap.
After that was so unsuccessful, we had breakfast at the hotel where the sale was going on and then went home to see if we could nap a little before heading down to see some friends of ours.
Terri got to nap and Gage got to nap. I didn't get to nap. I think we need a bigger bed. So, after a couple hours we headed out to run a few last minute errands and then head down to see some friends of ours to exchange Christmas gifts. Wendy and Chris have two kids, Bela and Evan. Bela is 5 and she is adorable. I don't envy Chris when she comes up on the dating age. It's a good thing he has a lot of guns. Evan is almost 3 and boy is he lightning fast. I hadn't even set the present down in front of him and he had opened it, assessed it, and moved on to the next thing. And, he's not only methodical, but very anal about cleaning up. He made sure all the wrapping paper was thrown away and all the toys were put away. I'm thinking of paying him to give lessons to Terri and Gage.
So, after his sleepless night on Saturday and the big day of activity on Sunday, we figured he'd drift off easily and sleep most of the night. Ha! At a little after 4, I finally took over for Terri. Now, I'm accustomed to being awake for long stretches. I once went from Friday of truck weekend to Sunday of race day with only 3 half-hour naps. So, I calmed him down and finally got him to sleep next to me on the floor in his bedroom for a couple of hours so all was not lost. And, he'll probably spend the entire day playing at daycare with no naps and be fine this evening. Terri will be dragging and I may need an extra cup of coffee to propel me through the afternoon. Ok, that's enough for today I guess.

No comments: