Monday, January 03, 2005

Well, I finally finished watching this. I was a little disappointed in the last two episodes. I get the fact that the show was cancelled and everything can't be wrapped up in a neat little tidy bow. However, my biggest complaint was the fact that you could see the big reveal coming from the first planting of the seed. I did like the wrap-up in the control room, but other than that it was very sub-standard writing compared to the rest of the show. Anyway, that little comment aside I was very impressed with the show as a whole. I'm not sure how I would have liked it with commercials and a week's break in-between, but you never know.
I'm trying to figure out why crap like Survivor, Fear Factor, Punk'd, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and Wife Swap stay on the air and garner ratings and advertising money when smartly written, entertaining shows that actually make a contribution to mankind (other than wanting to sterilize all of the people on those shows to make certain they can't reproduce) can't seem to last more than a season or two. I often wonder how some of the long lasting shows from the past, M*A*S*H, Cheers, I Love Lucy, All In The Family, etc. would do nowadays.
Oh well, I hope everyone had a decent new year. Gage woke up about three or four minutes before midnight so we got to ring in our first new year as a family.
I did get some interesting news. Terri and I had a wedding in 2002. We had it out of the town we lived in so all our arrangements had to be made long distance. Terri and I did lots of travel and made lots of phone calls. Everything at and around the wedding site went beautifully, arrangement-wise. The few arrangements that we made in Pittsburgh seemed to go ok with one glaring exception. Wedding World. I won't go into any kind of rant about them mostly because I'd still be here typing next new years. They were the worst service oriented store that I've ever dealt with. They were horrible. And, with karma doing it's thing, they have declared bankruptcy, have court hearings pending, and lots of legal problems and all of their stores have shut down. What a wonderful holiday present. I don't want to wish ill things upon them, but this they brought all on themselves.
Oh and a couple of parting shots before I sign off...1) Hopefully the U.S. can pull a bronze medal out of the World Junior hockey tournament after failing to successfully defend their gold medal performance from last year. 2) And, when you are reading (or in some cases re-reading) your favorite author this year, remember that there are better authors available...both published and unpublished and they'd love a read through too. You may discover that you have a new favorite or even better a good book to recommend to a friend. Here's to a more literate 2005.

No comments: