Monday, October 16, 2006

When I was little my family didn't do big vacations. Dad owned his own business and we rarely went far from home. We didn't trek to the Grand Canyon or Disneyworld or places like that. We went camping or to visit family. Those trips rarely required more than 4 or so hours and didn't really take us on interstates or turnpikes. So as a child we didn't play the license plate game the way a lot of people did. We didn't gather states like other people did. We usually started with A and went down through the alphabet using billboards, plates, and roadsigns. However, when 4 different states (none bordering Pennsylvania) passed us on the turnpike mid-Friday morning Terri and I started watching and over the course of the weekend we saw 30 different states, Washington, D.C., Ontario, and a PA plate for Barbershoppers. I thought that was a pretty good haul on about an 8 hour total drive on the same stretch of turnpike. As I said yesterday there were probably a lot more stories I could tell, but most of them would require too much backstory to make it enjoyable. Anyway, I need to wrap it up for Studio 60 and the huge amount of work that needs to get done.

No comments: