Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's truly not worth having a day off in a company where your work isn't covered while you are out. In my office at Pitt, there were 5 or 6 other people that did the stuff I did, at least until I started being a full time special projects bitch. So, prior to that, I could take a day, a long weekend, or a week and come back and there would be no stress about how to prioritize the stuff that was stacking up while I was gone. No emails to go through or at least no important ones. I've spent the past three days prepping for having Friday off. It's going to take me all of Wednesday and Thursday just to pull into being a little behind before I leave. Then depending on internet access throughout the weekend, I could be anywhere from 2-5 days behind when I get back on Monday.
And, although as I scan back recent posts, I realize that people might get the impression that I don't like my job or I'm unhappy. On the contrary, I really like my job and the people I work with. I just wish my clients would lighten up a little bit. There's no reason to push 80 programs live in the span of 3 months. Especially since we're just not completely equipped to deal with that amount of work.

No comments: