Monday, October 23, 2006

After not dj'ing for more than 5 years I packed up all my stuff to come out of retirement yet again for Mitch's wedding. Friday night I left work, hit 3 record stores, came home, integrated and catalogued all the new cds and began packing them up. I went to sleep at 4:30 in the morning and still wasn't finished. Got back up at 9, finished packing all the cds, packed up all the tapes, decided to not take the records, broke down all the stereo equipment and then Terri and I made approximately 45 trips between the two of us getting everything up to the truck. Thankfully the place where the wedding/reception was held had a door we could back the truck up to. Then it was only a short walk across the floor to get everything set up. Of course at the end of the night we had to do everything in reverse. I'll have to post the picture of what the truck looked like with everything packed up. When Terri and I got home we just grabbed some of the stereo stuff and left everything else til morning. Then my wonderful wife let me sleep in while she unloaded everything that was left. Sunday we headed down to my parents to return the truck and celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday. She and Gage had a good time with all her new toys.

No comments: