Monday, December 01, 2003

Wow, lots has happened since the last post. Let's see...
The Pens and the Flyers tied. Somehow the Rangers found a way to beat the Pens 4-1. The Hurricanes got an early Christmas gift by the refs and beat the Pens 4-3, and if I don't type fast enough we'll see how the Pens/Thrashers game turns out.
Enough hockey, I guess. Wednesday when I got home from work, our wedding album was waiting on the porch, freshly delivered by the UPS guy. This album is huge! The box said it weighed in at 18 pounds. The pictures are great though. The photographer's were worth the money paid.
Thursday we went out to dinner with my parents, grandmother, and uncles. Since they put my grandmother into assisted living, we've eaten Thanksgiving out since grandma feels bad that she can't host the dinner. Then Thursday evening we went to Terri's parent's house. One of the cousins that she had a big e-mail fight with was at dinner. It's interesting to see how people talk around one another.
Friday night, Tom, Terri, and I went down to a bar/restaurant near my parent's house to see a country band. One of the girls that I graduated high school with sings for the band. They were pretty good. The bassist does a great Willie Nelson for the duet, "Beer For My Horses" There was a lot of Shania Twain and not enough (She wants to sell my monkey!!!!!!!! For those outside of Pittsburgh, the Pens just scored making it 4-3 Pens and Mike Lange comes up with one of his spectacular goal calls. Hopefully they can hold on to the lead, unlike some other Pittsburgh team, but more on that later.)...where was I... oh yeah, not enough Jodee Messina or Martina McBride. The only song that I was disappointed in, was "When You Say Nothing At All." The female version was probably most notably done by Alison Krauss. It was fine, but it didn't have the emotion that Alison conveys. And Pittsburgh wins the game 4-3. Great job boys.
Anyway, it was a local bar (read: Redneck) and it was the first time that I had ever been inside. Besides beer, one of the things you expect in a bar is sports. Two televisions one playing Entertainment Tonight, the other Wheel of Fortune. We had to ask to get the Pens vs. Rangers game. I do realize that it's not very hard to go home again, but it's extremely difficult to fit in. I saw more than 10 people that I graduated high school with and that's just the usual patrons. There were a bunch of us there just to see Lindsy.
Anyway, enough about that. Saturday Mark and Robyn were headed to the Pitt vs. Miami game so Terri and I went up to babysit Jacob. Robyn's new kitchen looks great and Jacob was as cute as ever. The Pens game turned out bad as did the Pitt game. Mark and Robyn were home before the game was even over.
Sunday, Tom had club seat tickets to the Steelers vs. Bengals game. Now, I'm not a big football fan, hell, I'm not a football fan at all, but I never turn down rich people seats for sporting events. The game wasn't bad and the Steelers looked like they were actually going to pull it out. With 55 seconds to go they scored a touchdown and took the lead. The crowd was rocking. I turned to Tom and jokingly said, "If the Bengals run the kick-off back for a touchdown you'll be able to hear a pin drop in this place." I was kidding, but the Bengals weren't. They ran the kick-off back to the 50 yard line and then proceeded to not only get within field goal range to be able to tie it, but they threw a touchdown pass to win it with 13 seconds to go. Not a happy day for Steelers fans. I had lots of other comments on the fans at the field, but I'll just let them go. It boils down to hockey vs. football and with my normal blog readers, I won't win that fight no matter how right I am.
Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. More tomorrow I guess.

No comments: