Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Today was an easier day than most I guess. I managed to save the University another large chunk of money in penalties. It's a shame I can't tap into a percentage of that money. I'm working on one last account trying to "nice" the woman into helping out. I use what Terri calls my "radio" voice. It's very low and smooth and has a wonderful way of putting people at ease and getting them to bend to my will. So far, I've gotten her to agree that the problem is on their end and they should work very quickly to fix the problem and get back to us.
Last night we hung out with Glen and Amy and Cole as noted in yesterday's entry. I ended up hanging out til about 1:30 in the morning just talking about families and pregnancy and stuff. So, I wasn't exactly running at peak efficiency this morning, but a cup of coffee cleared that right up.
The rest of the day has been pretty dull. Tom, Joe, Dwight, Terri and I are going to get together this evening and putter around. We'll probably do dinner somewhere and then end up at our place trying to one up each other at some sort of trivially inclined game. Then comes my day off.
Except for the fact that I have to get up just as early in order to drive over to Tom's apartment to grab the pieces of Terri's gift, get it back to the house, put it together and hide it before Terri gets home from work. I'm so behind in all of the things that I need to get done for the holidays. And, that doesn't even begin to cover what needs to be done for the baby's arrival.
Oh well, a little more time to kill before I can head home for the holidays.

No comments: